Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Night




It is Saturday night. I'm sitting on my couch, football commentators are providing me company, and I am contemplating what to do.  There are dishes in the dishwasher ready to be unloaded, clothes ready to be folded, a room that needs to be cleaned, a bathroom that needs to be scrubbed, trash that needs to be taken, carpet that needs to be vacuumed, and many more things that could be organized, alphabetized (kidding), thrown out, put away, etc. yet I find myself sitting on the couch not really wanting to spend my Saturday night with my cleaning date.
Today I saw pig races.  Now, I am from the country, but never in my 25 years of life have I ever seen a pig race.  It was a new experience that with the right company can be enjoyed.  My company included a 4, 5, and 8 year old.  They were thrilled about being there and watched with great excitement as the little pigs ran in a circle winning a grand prize of a piece of an oreo cookie.  My thoughts were... people are finding this too much fun, I'm hot and sweaty, 75 mosquitos have bitten me, pigs stink, and who gives pigs oreos, but I guess it didn't really matter what I thought.  Those pigs were the topic of discussion for the rest of the afternoon.
LAST NIGHT...
Thursday was Brittany's birthday.  We had dinner at Zada Jane's.  A cute little place in Plaza Midwood (really close to the Penguin). Then last night we went to Howl at the Moon at the new Epicenter in Uptown.  If you have never been to a Piano Bar, it is a must!  This place was so much fun!  The company was great and the drinks were even better!!  The entertainment was hilarious and Brittany had a really great time, which should always be the case on your birthday.  Pictures to come along with more stories...

Well, I think  I am going to do some cleaning.  
Have a great Saturday night.


No comments: