Sunday, October 5, 2008

fear

I am going to try and be really candid in this post because this is something that I am finding myself dealing with lately, and I feel the more open and honest I am about it, it might not affect me so much in the future.
I have decided that fear is a very real intense feeling, that occurs for me at times when I am facing the unknown and the what ifs.  Here lately, I have been overwhelmed with fear.  Fear of not succeeding, fear of not making a difference in someone's life, fear of what's going on in the world, fear of flying, and things like that.  This feeling is something new for me.  I am not one who gives in to these feelings, and I actually don't experience them often and I am not sure why here in the past couple weeks the feelings have overwhelmed me so much, they have resulted in a small panic attack. 
I really feel that we need to be praying for our nation right now.  Praying for protection, for people to come to know the Lord, for the Election, for our current President.  Even if you don't like him, he has been placed in an authority position, and it is Biblical to pray for those placed in leadership over you. For this moment in time, President Bush is the leader of our Country.  Pray that the Lord works in and through him, giving him clarity in thought and decision making.  Pray for our economy. Pray for our troops, those people in Iraq and Afghanistan.  The children who live in a constant state of fear every day.  Pray for the moms who are raising their children to love the Lord and those who aren't.  Our world seems to be spinning out of control.  This is where my thoughts have been lately.  Overwhelmed with the way things are, forgetting to acknowledge the One who holds the future.  
I know God is faithful.  I know He loves His people.  He is sovereign, just, merciful, gracious and loving.  He is forgiving and welcoming.  He is all-knowing and all-powerful.  
Pray with me please.  Our nation needs our prayers. 

"Fear not for I have redeemed you,
I have called you by name and you are Mine."
Isaiah 43

No comments: