Sunday, October 19, 2008

just a few things...

Let's see here....
I am jobless at the moment.  
I've been looking for employment for several weeks now, and still nothing.  
As I was feeling a bit discouraged on Tuesday of this past week, the Lord again, showed me a promise.  It came in the form of a rainbow in the BLUE SKY.  There were wispy clouds in the sky, and there it was, a small piece of rainbow... see it?
Next:
I was washing dishes the other day and I began thinking about the story of Mary and Martha and then I compared those women to Laci and me.  Well folks, I'm Martha.  Yep, it just came to me.  I am so focused on making things look good, occupied with making sure everything is in it's place, constantly staying busy, just to make sure things get completed.  And I thought about Mary.  She sat at Jesus' feet.  She wanted to spend time with the Savior, and while Martha wanted that same thing, she was wrapped up doing instead of just being and enjoying.  I want to be a Mary.  Laci is more like Mary. If we were to have dinner with Jesus, she would definitely be sitting at His feet listening to Him, while I would be in the kitchen cleaning up after the meal, putting things away, and doing everything BUT just sitting at His feet.  I am learning.  I want to be more like Mary.
Last:
Saturday I woke up and my car battery was DEAD.  *side note: I tend to have car issues.* Laci and I try to jump my car.  NOTHING.  There was a man passing by walking his dog so I asked him if he could check and make sure we were doing it correctly.  It DID look right to me, but I just had to make sure.  It was positioned correctly, it was just that my battery was too dead to receive a charge.  He left us for a moment, then came back with this brilliant charge box thing.  It worked.  Laci and I go to Pep Boys (great place by the way) to get my battery, and her oil changed.  We are there for maybe 45 minutes, and we literally talked with EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE PEOPLE THERE.  We know the employees by name, the customers conversed with us and made the time go quickly.  Later on that day, we go to Big Daddy's for dinner, and our waiter would not leave us alone. He came to our table, trying to make conversation, propping his elbows on our table, and loving our new friendship.  Laci was praying every time he would pass by that he would keep on walking.  It was rather humorous!  
Oh what a nice day.
Ephesus is great.  I really love my church.  The worship.  The message.  The people.  The passion.  It's amazing and I am so blessed.  Check it out... www.ephesuschurch.tv

























No comments: