Sunday, August 30, 2009

"no body said it was easy"

I really love the song that is the title of this post.  I love the piano, the beat, and the lyrics.  I feel like my life the past few weeks could be summed up with "no body said it was easy."  The crazy thing is is I can't really pinpoint what's going on. I was reading a blog earlier this evening, my typical nightly ritual, and the author posted about being in a waiting room.  Not a literal waiting room, but talking about the way you feel in a waiting room.  Something resonated with me when I read that blog.  I feel like right now I am in a waiting room.  I am not sure what type of room I am waiting in, but I feel like I am waiting.  There is music quietly playing, magazines to be read and I am anxiously waiting for my name to be called. That's the point right?  No one sits in the waiting room for the music or the magazines. We go there for a reason, a purpose. And we're all just waiting for our named to be called.  So thinking along those lines (apologizing in advance for ramblings... thinking out loud) what if we're too distracted or too busy with all the things around us to hear our names.  What if the time that we're in the waiting room could have been shortened if we had simply been listening to the One calling our name.  Man, that hits hard.  I have such a difficult time just listening.  I am constantly involved with something.  Looking at my schedule for the next week or so, I am not surprised to see that EVERY night has something planned.   That's how I do things. Fill my schedule to overflowing and then long for some down time.  Then when I have not much going on, I want to be busy. Something doesn't seem right.  I am never content with just waiting and listening.  I am in search for the fastest way to an end.  So then I wonder, what am I missing because I don't listen.  It has become about me me me. Things I want to do, need to do, have to do. And has little to do with His plan. His calling. His purpose for me. 
So while I am in this waiting room, waiting for? I will wait.  God is doing some big things in my heart right now.  And while I wait for Him to reveal those things to me, I will love Him with everything I have.  I will put down the distractions, and run to Him. 
He is the One who will be calling my name. 
So until then. 
I will wait.
What are you doing?

No comments: