Thursday, September 27, 2007

times are changing

i'm ready for it to feel like fall. waking up to crisp sunny mornings with a chill in the air. this whole sunny humid weather is getting old, not to mention that my hair doesn't like it either! HA! fall makes me think of cheerleading and football games, early morning soccer games, and being warm in my bed and not wanting to get out. fun times fun times
so i feel that God is doing a change in my life. not sure what it is but i feel it. for those of you who know me or have spent any amount of time with me, you know that i love children. spending time with them, taking them places, teaching them new things... pretty much anything to do with children i love. that passion is going away. i still love them don't get me wrong but i don't want to be around them all the time. i had a thought the other day... i am spending my 20's taking care of other people's children. not that i think it's a bad thing to take care of other children, but that's all i'm doing. i work until 6:30 and then go babysit after that. i spend little time with people my own age, and i am feeling that the Lord wants it to be different. this is such a weird place for me because they have been my life. it's just what i do. my sister-in-law made the comment when we were on vacation visiting other family that i'm a nanny wherever i go. it's so true. i'm drawn to the children and they are drawn to me. how does that happen? i go some where and i end up playing with the kids. it's inevitable. makes me laugh sometimes because i don't go looking for children to hang out with, they find me. my little cousins in Connecticut flock to me. like for instance, this summer, we were having a party for my cousin who was about to go into highschool. i wasn't hanging around with the cousins older than me, i was running around the yard with a water gun chasing my 5 yr old cousin squirting him until he was soaked. then i was holding a baby cousin and of course taking pictures, but the fact still remains that i was with the children. i had fun and since i don't see them often i find this to be ok. i also like having adult interaction and conversation. i'm not sure if any of this makes sense or if i am just rambling. this is my attempt to work through these feelings. i love children, always have and always will, but maybe they don't need to be my life...
my head is going crazy with these thoughts...
what do i do now?

No comments: