Friday, September 28, 2007

asdfjkl;


interesting title... i couldn't think of anything thing else so i simply placed my fingers on the home row keys and made asdfjkl; the title. placing a title on this would require me to somehow stick to the point and since i am not really sure what i would like to type/ramble about i figured that asdfjkl; was perfect.
today was uneventful. a great thing considering the last week has been super busy and each day i leave work with even more sore muscles than the day before. these days not only am i a nanny, i am also an interior decorator, peace keeper, "mom", painter, mover, general contractor, and at this point my list could go on, but for sake of your time i'll stop there. it really has been non-stop. on top of that i haven't felt well all week, so an uneventful day would definitely be something to cheer about.
highlight of my day had to have been when i took cashel down to the park to meet jace (boy i babysit for) for a play date. i see jace's car pull up and cashel is now getting very excited to see his friend. from the top of the hill jace starts yelling "HEY MANA HEY MANA" in those two words he has totally made my day! then he sees me and begins to run towards me. i need to tell you a little about the playground. at this particular playground they don't use wood chips, they decide to use recycled tires to make the surface a little more accident friendly i suppose. well this surface can be rather difficult to run on but jace doesn't care. he is headed towards me (still on the pavement) full speed ahead. as soon as he gets on the tire stuff surface he face dives into it all while still yelling my name. i laughed, got up and ran toward him with him running to me. so much like a movie i almost felt i should have been on camera!
my sister-in-law is about to have her baby! a little girl. they don't have a name picked out and since her friend just had a girl and named her lilly that seems to be out of the picture. CRAP on the friend! i loved that name!! i'm sure the name she gets will be perfect and i will love her no matter what her name is. i am way excited about this. my brother is going to make a great dad and let me just tell you... i'm going to be the BEST aunt ever! i want her to call me nonnie... my friend's little boy calls me that and it's the cutest thing ever!
i'm going to PHILADELPHIA next week and stopping in richmond to see a couple friends from meredith. this trip is going to be great. while i'm there i will be taking my cousin's family portrait. it should be beautiful there. i can't wait!
on a funny note (this post is getting longer and longer and you're still reading!!) at my Bible Study on Wednesday night the leaders challenged us to spend 15 minutes a day for the next week in complete silence. WHOA! 15 whole minutes. we are going through the book of Mark and in Mark 1 Jesus does many great things, but close to the end of the chapter He took time to be alone in the SILENCE. I did my 15 minutes today and yesterday and it was hard. the first day i wrote hoping that it would pass the time and i could get back to listening to music or watching tv. i kept looking at my watch hoping that more than 30 secs had passed! and today, i was in a house that was completely silent and my thoughts were on what type of furniture was coming and where it would need to be placed... not even for my house! literally, that's all i thought about for 15 mins. this should be interesting! i'll keep you posted!
goodnight

No comments: